Sunday, December 12, 2010

Solar Sailer

hELLO everyone hope that school has not effectively shut down your nervous system.

Before moving forward i am going to take you back way back......

Apparently these students believe that Stonehenge was built using balls on rails. To think that this prehistoric monument could have been made with such a genius simple idea is crazy. With it you can move 220 pounds of concrete with one finger. I have always been amazed at how things are built and how heavy things are moved around. One that has always been pretty epic to me is how the bart tunnel (i guess thats the term) under the bay that connects San Francisco to Oakland was built.

Now I saw something really cool that is about a different kind of ancient history.....my childhood.

I love Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner. They were always my favorite cartoon characters (other than batman).


I think its awesome that they are making more shorts even after all these years and the relative obscurity of all the great warner brothers characters is a damn shame.


and on a last note the oscars are quickly approaching and the list of contenders for Best Visual Effects was released. In my opinion other than Best Cinematography this is the coolest award. It gives a shot for a legitimate award win to all those pretty shiny blockbusters. Inception all the way i think.....or has Leo been in my mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment